Monday, September 17, 2012

Sorry for the delay! Here's a 10 day challenge...

So I've been out of touch with my Blogger, school as started both for me and the students in the class I'm a T.A. in, so time is of the essence nowadays. BUT I've still gotten to paint my nails, and even join in Erica's Nails and More 10 Day Challenge! She's decided to cut down the time on a nail art challenge, which is PERFECT for me at the moment. But I'm gonna give you guys a lowdown on the first half of the challenge (with a little sneak-peak at some of my entries :-O!).

Day 1: Favorite Color. If you check out this blog (just opening the page gives it away!), my favorite color is purple. And my favorite polish color/finish is sparkle/holographic. SO I did a base of China Glaze Stone Cold with Claire's Night Sky holographic glitter, then did stripes of my most prized polish I own, Color Club Fashion Addict (also my favorite color!)
Day 2: Favorite Animal. Since I first read the Harry Potter series, I've had a thing for owls. So here I did Zoya Angelina with China Glaze Oxidized Aqua for the wings and other fingers. I did L.A. Colors Atomic for the belly, Zoya Paz for the beak, and Sally Hansen White On with a Sinful Colors shimmer black nail art polish for the eyes.
 Day 3: Favorite Season. Now, I wanted to go a little out of the box for this one, and my fingers needed a break. So I did my current favorite time of year, football season! I'm a HUGE NY Giants fan, so I had to do red and blue! It's OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! and A Out Bit of Red, with China Glaze Unplugged and Sally Hansen White On for the football.
*sneak peak* Day 4: Saran Wrap Nails. I had never done this form of nail art before, but it turned out to be just as easy as sponging on polish. You paint your base and let it dry COMPLETELY (I don't think I let it dry enough). Then you paint a layer of the other color on and, while wet, dab a balled up piece of saran wrap on it. I didn't love the results, but it was easy. This is OPI Pepe's Purple Passion and Pink Friday, with a touch of Orly 54 (Sparkle and Shine at least needs a little shimmer!)
*sneak peak* Day 5: Gradient Nails. I've done this technique three times before, and this is so far my best attempt (my gummy worm nails for my last challenge were an utter fail, and my candy corn nails were...better). I learned you need less polish on the sponge, which is how my pinky turned out so well. This is my metallic duo-chrome gradient, with Ulta Jaded as the base and China Glaze Deviantly Daring as the second color.

So there you have the first part of this 10-day challenge! I will probably post the other five at the end of the challenge, and you can go to Erica's Facebook page to see all the contestants as they post throughout the day :-)

<3 Jessica (Sparkle and Shine)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You've done a lot of nail art work lately! :)

    This is a little sneak peak of thw owl for you! ;)
    http://littlemissnailpolish.blogspot.se/2012/09/china-glaze-watermelon-rind-swatches.html

    ReplyDelete