Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FINALLY posting my Liebster Award!

 So a fabulous blogger called Lightwell Nails nominated me for this award WAAAAAYYYYY too long ago. I'm ashamed that it's taken me this long to post it, but even though I've done small posts since, I haven't had the time to put real thought into this award like I wanted to. But I didn't want it forgotten about, so I'm doing it now! This is how it works:

"This little award is all about discovering new blogs and helping those with less than 200 followers to get recognised."

Here are the rules:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.


So here's the first part: 11 things about me!
1.) I want to be a guidance counselor when I "grow up." (I graduate in May from my master's program.)
2.) My grandfather (mother's father) was from Puerto Rico. I never had the chance to know that part of my family, but I am interested in the culture.
3.) LOVE LOVE the color purple!
4.) Harry Potter is the best book series EVER. Ever.
5.) I'm recently addicted to the movie Horrible Bosses. "You cannot win a marathon without putting some band-aids on your nipples!"
6.) If it involves mystical, magical, fantasy-type topics, I will most likely read/watch it.
7.) I have an amazing husband, we've been married since October 2,2010.
8.) I can drink a liter bottle of Arbor Mist in one sitting, oops!
9.) I'm a small-town girl. I work at an inner-city, and went to college in the downtown part of another one, but my heart is in the country.
10.) Owls are my favorite animal. They have been since 2000, but I love that they've gotten so popular.
11.) Nail painting is probably the only artistic thing I can do. While I've always excelled in music, art's never been my forte.

Next: My 11 questions from Lightwell Nails!
1. What would you say your getting-started-with-blogging experience has been like?
I've loved every second of it. I've met some fabulous people, I've learned about new polishes and techniques, and almost have the chance to REALLY be myself.
2. How do you store your stash? (Share pics! :D)
Honestly...my stash is in a big tote! My stash isn't that big, but it IS starting to outgrow it!

3. Do you collect anything?
Honestly, not really, other than polish :-)
4. What’s your favorite part of every day?
Coming home to my husband, or having him come home to me. It sounds cheesy, but hey, I like that we're still in love :-)
5. What other communities do you participate in on your blog topic? (i.e. Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook, MUA, etc.)
I'm not sure I entirely understand this question, but the only social networks I currently use are Facebook and Blogger for polish.
6. What nail technique, design, color combo etc. have you wanted to try but haven’t yet?
I'm new to stamping, and have yet to try the whole-nail design stamps that I have. I'm still perfecting the small pictures.
7. Star Wars or Star Trek?
I'm honestly not familiar with either...but I did watch some Star Trek  with my dad as a kid.
8. What was the most memorable trip you ever took?
Hmmm...probably New York city with my sisters three years ago to see Equus on Broadway (yes, we went to see Daniel Radcliffe, hehe)
9. What’s your favorite breed of dog?
I've always had a thing for Rottweilers. My grandmother had the sweetest ones, and I've always been attached.
10. What do you never leave the house without?
NEVER leave without my cell phone. I'm on the road a lot, so I make sure I have my charger with my and my car charger in my car at all times.
11. What’s your favorite piece of “life advice”?
You will never make EVERYONE happy. Make sure YOU are the one happiest with any decision you make before you start looking for the approval of everyone around you.

And ...my 11 questions for those that I tag!
1.) Where were you born? (You don't have to be exact for privacy sake)
2.) What is your absolute favorite polish of all times?
3.) Gandalf...or Dumbledore?
4.) If you were magical, what would your trademark be? (Flying, black magic, animals, flowers, ect).
5.) Favorite movie?
6.) Cats...or dogs? (You may substitute these for another beloved pet)
7.) You go to a party on Saturday night. Where would we find you?
8.) Drink of choice (Alcoholic or not!)
9.) What got you into polish blogging?
10.) BJ's, Sam's Club, or Cotsco?
11.) Favorite place to buy beauty supplies?

Now, here are the lovely ladies I'm nominating!
1.) Little Miss Nail Polish
2.) Enchanted Nails and Fluffy Dog Tails
3.) Fox Claws
4.) The Holo Queen
5.) Tough as Nails Nacquer
6.) Nail Noise
7.) Beauty and the Polish
8.) Frugal Polish
9.) Mega Nailatude
10.) Polished Prisms
11.) ManPolish (Because he needs it, too!)

So I hope all the nominees enjoy their award, I apologize again for posting this late, but thanks again!

-Jessica (Sparkle and Shine)

6 comments:

  1. Haha no need to apologize, it's so fun to see everyone's answers! Arbor Mist, that brings me back haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! :D Thank you soooo much for nominating me for this award!! :D
    Nice to know more about you! :)
    I love owls to! I've ordered owl stickers for my nails! When I get them I'll use them and post them especially for you! ;)
    I look forward seeing some more stamping from you in the future! ;)
    Thanks again Jessica! I'll post my award as soon as possible! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I can't wait to see the owl stickers! I just tried stamping again tonight, the post will go up tomorrow :-)

      Delete
    2. Jessica, the owls arrived today!!
      OMG! They are soooo cute!!!
      Unfortunately they arrived to my friend's flat (we usually order together in order to save some money on the shipping cost) so I won't get them until I see her next time.... Argh! Frustrating...

      Delete
  4. I love the colour purple too! I painted my room (still living at home) 2 years ago this coming October and it's light purple with with and dark purple vertical stripes. I have a purple beadspread set, purple phone case, purple Kobo cover, I even want to repaint my car (2008 Dodge Charger) plum purple but my fiancé doesn't agree with me, lol!

    ReplyDelete